OPA Injury Walk-in Clinics
Anyone suffering from a recent sports injury, work injury, or other non-life-threatening orthopedic injury or condition may walk in — without an appointment — during our injury walk-in hours. Adult and pediatric* patients welcome.
(*Children under 2 years old with non-weight-bearing orthopedic injuries should also go directly to an E.R. where the services of an anesthesiologist are readily accessible.)
OPA’s Walk-In Clinic is not a certified emergency medical service as described in Alaska Statute 18.08.082, .084, .200.
What to Expect
You’ll be seen by a certified orthopedic physician assistant with advanced training and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic (muscle, bone and joint) injuries. An OPA on-call surgeon is available for immediate consultation as needed. On-site x-ray and other imaging services ensure patients receive quick, personalized care that includes a diagnosis, treatment plan and any necessary stabilization devices such as crutches, braces or casts to get you on the road to recovery.
On-site Support Services:
- Diagnosis & Treatment Plans
- Casting & Splinting
- Braces, Crutches and other Supports
If Surgery is Indicated:
An OPA surgeon is always on call for consultation or emergency surgery. If urgent surgery is needed, the OPA on-call surgeon can immediately admit you to a hospital and meet you there within minutes to perform the surgery.
When to Call 911
- Life-threatening trauma injuries
- Open fractures (bone penetrating skin)
- Hip fractures
- Dislocated shoulder or hip
- If you’ve been in a car accident
- If you suspect a concussion
- Children under 2 years old with non-weight-bearing orthopedic injuries should also go directly to an E.R. where the services of an anesthesiologist are readily accessible.
Note: If you need emergency transport, chances are you need to go an E.R.
Patients going to an E.R. may request the OPA surgeon on-call to attend to the injury at the hospital by calling OPA at 562-2277 or informing the E.R. staff.
When to Make an Appointment
- Chronic or persistent orthopedic conditions.
- Injuries older than 2 weeks.
- If you are uncertain if your injury is appropriate for OPA’s Walk-In Clinic, please call: 907.562.2277
The OPA team includes Alaska’s leading specialists and offers some of the latest, most advanced treatment procedures available today.
OPA treats a wide variety of conditions and offers comprehensive treatment options — including many non-surgical solutions, minimally invasive arthroscopies (repairs) and total joint replacement.