- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Permanent Partial Impairment Rating Examinations
Shawn Hadley, MD
Shawn Hadley, MD
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency
Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Houston, Texas
Doctor of Medicine (1981)
Medical College of Ohio (University of Toledo), Toledo, Ohio
Dr. Shawn Hadley has been practicing medicine in Anchorage since 1984. As medical director of the Alaska Treatment Center, she co-developed Alaska's first traumatic brain injury day hospital program. The Center also developed a comprehensive chronic-pain program, for which Dr. Hadley served as co-director. Concurrently, Dr. Hadley served in the National Health Service Corps as a private practitioner; her service included hosting monthly clinics at various locations around the state and focused on providing care to underserved populations.
Over the years, she’s treated patients at all major Anchorage hospitals, served as clinical assistant professor for the University of Washington School of Medicine, and is a lifetime member of the Alaska State Medical Association, where she also served as president.
Today at OPA, Dr. Hadley brings over 40 years experience in the diagnosis of a variety of nerve, muscle, and musculoskeletal disorders. Dr. Hadley is especially interested in patient education, to allow patients to participate more fully in their own care. She also conducts independent medical examinations and Alaska Worker’s Compensation permanent-impairment rating examinations.
In her free time, Dr. Hadley enjoys photography, literature, and foraging in the great Alaskan outdoors. She is a mixed-media and paper artist, and (on occasion) will get out the guitar or fiddle for friends and family.
- Electrodiagnostic medicine consultations
- Evaluation and treatment of neurologic and musculoskeletal disorders
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Alaska Worker’s Compensation permanent-impairment rating examinations
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Fellow Member
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, Fellow (as of 4/91)
- North American Spine Society, Member
- American Academy of Neurology, Affiliate Member
- Alaska State Medical Association, Member & Former President
The OPA team includes Alaska’s leading specialists and offers some of the latest, most advanced treatment procedures available today.
OPA treats a wide variety of conditions and offers comprehensive treatment options — including many non-surgical solutions, minimally invasive arthroscopies (repairs), and total joint replacement.