- Sports Medicine
- Pediatrics, including Club Feet & Scoliosis
Sports Medicine | Trauma | Pediatrics
Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (2003)
Arizona School of Health Sciences,
A.T. Still University
Bachelor of Arts, Biology, Cum Laude (2000)
Associates of Arts, Theology Honors (2000)
Ms. Wisniewski launched her medical career in 1995 as an EMT. She earned her bachelor’s degree, graduating cum laude, at Carroll College in Helena, Montana, and went on to complete a master’s degree in physician assistant studies from A.T. Still University, Mesa, Arizona. Upon graduation, she landed a coveted position at the renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota – and became the very first physician assistant on the Mayo’s orthopedic trauma services team. Ms. Wisniewski also practiced sports medicine there and served as on-field medical provider covering Rochester High School’s football and hockey teams.
In 2008, her sense of adventure brought her to Fairbanks. Over the years, she’s treated patients and given back to Alaskan communities in many ways. She’s covered University of Alaska Fairbanks and Fairbanks High School athletic programs, been the orthopedic liaison with Elevate AK’s Club Volleyball program and continues to donate her time to the Iditarod, Yukon Quest , and other notable events.
Today Ms. Wisniewski commutes to Anchorage and OPA is proud to have her as is a vital member of our team. When she’s not helping others, she enjoys knitting, travelling, hunting, reading and being outdoors.
Dean’s Leadership Award (2003)
Arizona School of Health Sciences, Physician Assistant Program
• American Academy of Physician Assistants
• Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery, Member & Past Board of Directors Secretary
• Iditarod – Sales, Security, Handler, Checker, Assistant Checkpoint Manager
• Yukon Quest International – Board of Directors
• Grandma’s Marathon (Duluth, MN) – Medical Tent Staff
• Mayo Clinic – Preceptor to/for Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner Students
• St Raphael’s Catholic Church – Women’s Ministry Educator
The OPA team includes Alaska’s leading specialists and offers some of the latest, most advanced treatment procedures available today.
OPA treats a wide variety of conditions and offers comprehensive treatment options — including many non-surgical solutions, minimally invasive arthroscopies (repairs), and total joint replacement.